Breast reduction surgery is a popular procedure amongst women who visit Brighton Plastic Surgery. A breast reduction is an effective treatment for large, heavy and sagging breasts. It removes excess breast tissue and skin to achieve a breast size more in proportion with your body. A breast reduction will also alleviate common complaints associated with large breasts including shoulder, neck or back pain, breast crease irritation and difficulty in finding clothing that fits comfortably. The procedure is designed to make the breasts smaller, more shapely and better supported.
For women who have breasts far out of proportion with their body size, a breast reduction can bring about life-changing results.
Excessively large breasts can be a physical and emotional burden for many women. The reasons for wanting breast reduction surgery do vary however if you are unhappy with your large breasts and experiencing any of the below you may be considered a suitable candidate for breast reduction surgery:
- Breasts that are not in proportion to the rest of your body
- Frequent neck, back or shoulder pain
- Uncomfortable grooves in your shoulder from your bra (whereby the weight of your breasts result in your bra straps being pulled down)
- Poor posture as a result of your breast size (many women with larger breasts tend to stoop/hunch their shoulders forward in an effort to minimise the perceived size of their breasts)
- Heavy breasts that droop, with nipples and areolas that point downwards
- Trouble sleeping due to discomfort when lying down
- Rashes or infections under the breasts / in the crease line
- Generally feeling self-conscious
- Limited capacity for physical activity
If you would like to find out more about breast reduction surgery at Brighton Plastic Surgery, including estimated cost for the procedure visit our Breast Reduction Web Page. Alternatively feel free to schedule in an obligation free consultation via our website or by phoning us on 03 9592 0522.