A common question posed by clients looking to undergo plastic surgery in Melbourne is “when is the best time to have this procedure?”. Whilst timing may not be an important factor for some, and there really is no right or wrong time to schedule in your surgery, winter most definitely has its benefits.
We always recommend doing what works best for you however some considerations for why winter could be a more favourable time include:
- A more comfortable recovery: your recovery time will be the same regardless of when you have plastic surgery however winter generally poses more favourable conditions for a comfortable recovery. The cool weather during winter means you are more likely to be wearing bulkier clothing, making it easier to cover up any swelling, dressings or compression garments.
- Sweat less: you will sweat less in winter making any post-surgical dressings or garments generally more comfortable to wear.
- Easier to avoid sun exposure: exposing scars to the sun can cause permanent damage and should be avoided at all costs. For those who have lived through (and survived) a Melbourne winter you will know that generally over-exposure to sun won’t be an issue at this time of year!
- You won’t miss out on water activities: swimming, especially in pools, is often prohibited post-surgery so again undergoing plastic surgery in winter means you won’t be left sitting on the sidelines while others enjoy the water.
- Not showering may be easier to manage: no one likes to think about not showering regularly, however after your procedure you may be instructed to refrain from showering for several days –generally much easier to manage in the cooler months.
- You’ll be summer ready: opting for plastic surgery in the cooler months mean you will have recovered and be ready to put your best foot forward in summer.
If you are considering plastic surgery we recommend booking a consultation with a specialist plastic surgeon in Melbourne who will be able to discuss your intended procedure, perform a full assessment of your suitability, discuss expected outcomes and answer any questions you may have, including when may be the best time to have the procedure.
For more information or to book a consultation feel free to call us on 03 9592 0522 or submit an enquiry via our website.